Sunday 23 March 2014

Exploring Fitness

I really am in another world trying to keep fit up here in a globo gym, where cardio means running on an elliptical trainer or or treadmill for 30 minutes.

Now I'm not one to run on a treadmil, I'd rather nail my balls to a bed post, and my knees are preventing me from road running at the moment.

So I went up to kmart and bought a sweet pushy to get around. The bike is as expected, shit! It's like riding uphill with your brakes on! 

I've found it a really easy way to keep some fitness up and every arvo I explore a different part of town, with previous experience in the bike I've also found it as great recovery!

With the drop off in such high intensity workouts I've noticed strength gains going through the roof!
Benched 3 x 4 @115kg (failed 1rep)
Deadlift 3 x 4 @ 240kg (failed 1 rep)
I've Never been close to those numbers. 
Strict pull-ups and dips are getting easier everyday. 

Diet wise aiming for 3300 calories a day, pretty well living off sweet potato, chicken breast, broccoli, avocado for  3 of my meals a day, and a banana almond and protien smoothie for breakfast. And a yogurt for dessert, it's boring but it gets my macros up to requirements.

After 3 weeks Up here in hectic conditions I'm pretty happy to to say I'm keener ever to train and eat right and also prove that if you want to live a healthy lifestyle you can! 

Super keen to get back and hit it out with the CrossFit Origin crew when I'm home



No comments:

Post a Comment